Monday, August 23, 2010

Terina, or more accurately, a memory involving her and French class

   Terina, here is your post. It may be full of irrelevant pretty pictures, but that's only because I haven't seen you in ages, and it kind of makes it hard to write a decent post about you, but I'm trying. Even if this doesn't end up being about you, I dedicate this post to Terina Stockwell. So at least it is for you, Terina.

   I met Terina when I came to Invercargill. I don't remember a lot, because this is years back, but I think we were in a class together? I know we were in French together in year 10. Madame Beer was our teacher, and I didn't like her very much, mostly because I'd had Madame Tang in year 9, and she was an amazing teacher. Madame Beer, sadly, could never compare, although the advantage to being in her class was that at the end of each term, we would have a french lunch, with baguette and french cheeses and eclairs and other lovely food. I tried to make eclaires at home once. Apparently they looked like little deformed yellow penises. Gay Caleb thought this was hilarious.
"Ohmygod! Suck them til the white stuff comes out!" he declared. Classy.

   This post has suddenly stopped being about Terina, hasn't it. Sorry.

Is that better?

   French was pretty awesome. We had songs to help us learn how to correctly conjugate our verbs. We had actions. We performed these in assembly once. Yeah. Not so great. Kind of more like horribly embarrassing.

Pictured: Horrible embarrassment

   Thankyou, Madame Beer, for traumatising us.