Monday, August 16, 2010

Cheese, I love you: a (non) scientific investigation

   As you may have gathered from some previous posts, I am in love with cheese.

   Cheese is amazing. Cheese makes you happy. Unfortunately, apparently it also makes you fat, and due to the nature of difficulty in digestion, can also (allegedly) give you nightmares if consumed just before bedtime. Psssh! I hear you say. No piece of cheese is going to give me nightmares! Well, in the interests of science, let us find out. (That is a lie, as this is not exactly a scientifically valid investigation, and I'm only using it as an excuse to eat more cheese. However, just you try to stop me!)

   It is currently 9:28 pm, Monday 16th August. Tonight I shall consume a large amount of cheese, and if it causes any nightmares tonight, I shall write them down as soon as I wake up. That is, if I remember to. I shall then update this post with the results, and then, of course, we shall know the truth.

   Just to make you hungry, here's a recipe I found on the internet for Mac n Cheese. I cannot promise you it is any good as I'm too lazy to try it out right now, and I bet it's not as nice as my recipe (though that recipe is a family secret that shall not be published on the internet) or as convenient to make, or indeed as healthy, but my effort into researching recipes tonight goes as far as googling "recipe, macaroni cheese" and clicking on the first link.

  Good ol' Food in a Minute was the first one to come up. Here is a link to their recipe, which may or may not have blatant product placement (hey, gotta make money somehow, I guess, and their recipes are generally good, so I don't blame them.)

   While we're on the topic of cheese, while on google, I discovered there is actually an entire website devoted to cheese.  They've got cheese facts, cheese recipes and even an alphabetical list of cheeses. I shall check that out sometime when I can, I think it's the new This is Why You're Fat. Very exciting.

  Anyway, I hate to disappoint you, but reading that alphabetical list of cheeses reminds me of how un-exotic the cheese we have in the fridge is, it's just plain old edam, but I know I'll enjoy eating a large quantity tonight. I shall let you know how this "experiment" goes!

Update:

   No exciting nightmares to speak of. Damn. I wanted to be able to tell you that I had a terrifying dream about being chased by a violent orange, but alas. Sorry to disappoint you!

I googled violent orange, and all it could come up with was the annoying orange. 

No comments:

Post a Comment