Friday, August 6, 2010

How did Friday sneak up on me so suddenly?

The answer being that it was Thursday yesterday, and that Fridays come after Thursdays. I should know that by now, it's been happening for years. I guess the reason it's such a surprise that its Friday already is because it just doesn't feel like a Friday. You know how during the school holidays, they seem to stretch forever, and you lose track of what day of the week it is because you're not at school? Yeah. Kind of like that.

   I took like three days of school this week because I've been suck with what the doctor called a "viral infection"- worse than a cold, not quite as bad as the flu, and going around Queenstown at the moment. Feeling better now, thank goodness. I'm relieved it's Friday, though. That means a whole weekend of rest and relaxation, or more realistically, internet until 4:00 am. Probably facebooking my family. Awesome. I love my life.

   I haven't put too much more thought yet into what I'm going to do for my 18th. I'm not going clubbing, I know that much. I don't even know what I want to do this year. I didn't do anything last year. Just sat at home and had a couple of drinks. By myself. Yeah, it wasn't the best. And 18 is supposed to be your last big birthday before your 21st, right? A whole lot of the people in my year at school have been having huge parties for their 18th birthdays, but financially, that's out of the question. Which is probably just as well. I don't really like high school parties anymore. I don't know why. Perhaps I'm just becoming old and bored. Bored, at least.

   Anyway, I'm feeling like making me some Mac n Cheese right now. Proper stuff, from scratch, none of this packet nonsense. Will post again later when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment